You can’t stand doing infrastructure manually….you have to automate. You’ve done this in other organizations and can’t wait to do the same for Vitech. You have deep experience with AWS and deep experience using automation and configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, AWS CloudFormation, Packer. You’ve also automated on-premise virtualized environments in VMware.
Automate everything—EC2/VM updates, EC2/VM provisioning, network provisioning, network updates, patching, 3rd-party software packages—seriously, everything.
- Build and maintain Vitech’s infrastructure with cloud providers (such as AWS) as well as on premise virtualization technologies such as VMWare utilizing automation tools (such as Chef and Terraform)
- Automate the provisioning of Vitech’s infrastructure within AWS and within our on-premise virtualized infrastructure (VMware).
- Look for ways to improve existing processes by way of automation.
- Maintain and improve release management process.
- Maintain and improve system monitoring.
- Work closely with engineering and architecture teams.
- Design and safely perform changes to production environments following a defined change management process
- Triage and address requests for operations assistance, automate recurring requests and/or make them self service
- Identify key system metrics and ensure adequate monitoring coverage for new and existing services
- Design and develop IT infrastructure with an emphasis on security, data confidentiality, system integrity, availability and reliability
- Monitor operating capacity and plan for future growth
- Participate in candidate interviews to increase the automation team’s depth
- Mentor and manage a small team
- Troubleshoot and participate in the resolution of production systems, network and application issues
- Take part in a 24×7 on-call rotation for production and other customer facing environments
Required Background and Skills
- AWS Professional Certification (Solution Architect, SysAdmin or Developer).
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments.
- Strong understanding of cloud security principles.
- Experience deploying and managing cloud deployments within AWS:
- Cloud computing: AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, AWS CloudFormation
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet
- CI/CD: AWS Config, AWS Lambda, AWS CLI, AWS Inspector, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Git
- Scripting languages: Shell, Ruby, Python
- Systems: Linux/Unix administration, Networking fundamentals
- Experience supporting large AWS deployments using a multi-account organizational structure.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree in technology-related field preferred, or equivalent work- or education-related experience.
- Expert troubleshooting skills
- Competent with CLI and bash scripting
- Competent with Linux operating systems: Red Hat/CentOS/AWS Linux
- Experience with public cloud concepts and services such as VPCs, compute and object storage resources
- Competent with Docker containerization and related concepts
- Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts and tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, AWS CloudFormation
- Strong communication skills and ability to support and work in a team environment
- Thorough knowledge of build/release pipelines and GitOps concepts a plus